Newsletter # 19 -- Sept 4, 2018
About Moving Beyond Intractability Newsletters
mportant information about the Newsletters, sign-up procedures, and strategies for overcoming possible delivery problems is found at the end of this Newsletter. Also available are past newsletters: #9, #10, #11, #12 , #13, #14, #15, #16, #17 , #18 and the 2017 Newsletter Archive.
We still haven't been adding new posts over the last few weeks as we've been traveling, but we have added several Conflict Frontiers posts and a lot of BI in Context Posts which are included below.
Conflict Frontiers Seminar
- See the Complexity It's not Just "Us versus Them" -- Parties, issues, dynamics, power, and relationships are among the conflict elements one must clearly understand. -- July 25, 2018
- Map the Basic Conflict Elements -- Conflict mapping lets you see what's going on in a conflict, so you can figure out how to engage to have the most positive impact. -- July 26, 2018
- Identify the Core Issues -- Wonder why conflict mapping matters? This video shows how it can totally change your approach to a conflict.- -- July 27, 2018
Beyond Intractability in Context Blog
- What do protests against the war in Vietnam have to teach us about how to effectively protests Trump administration --A Template for ‘Incivility’ -- 08/09/2018
- A provocative exploration of what free speech means (and ought to mean) in the wake of the telecommunications revol-- POLITICS The Age of Reverse Censorship -- 08/08/2018
- A question worth asking, why do so many people feel that Donald Trump is preferable to rule by establishment elites --Anger in America -- 08/08/2018
- An update on Brexit – the other Russian collusion scandal. -- The Other Russia Collusion Scandal Is Breaking Wide Open -- 08/07/2018
- A review of an important new book by Tim Snyder that further explains Russia's revolutionary information warfare ta --The Great Russian Disinformation Campaign -- 08/07/2018
- Interesting and often surprising statistics focused on conflicts between millennial men and women. -- The Gender War Is On! And Fake -- 08/06/2018
- From an historian, practical advice for those looking for ways to resist fascism. -- Post-Fascist Europe Tells Us Exactly How to Defend Our Democracy -- 08/06/2018
- An argument that the meritocratic elite ought to recognize their contribution to the problem and do something about --The 9.9 Percent Is the New American Aristocracy -- 08/05/2018
- Another window into the slippery slope that leads to hate. -- Why can’t we hate men? -- 08/05/2018
- Big question, how do you effectively oppose a political adversary who thinks they can get away with fighting dirty? --Why this political scientist thinks the Democrats have to fight dirty -- 08/04/2018
- Evidence that having too much power can actually damage the way in which we think. -- Power Causes Brain Damage-- 08/04/2018
- A look at the practical difficulties associated with measuring equity with proportional representation. -- ‘A Huge Blind Spot’: Why New York Asians Feel Overlooked -- 08/03/2018
- An explanation of why carbon pricing isn't successfully limiting CO2 emissions and what to do about it. -- Why Carbon Pricing Isn’t Working -- 08/03/2018
Things YOU Can Do To Help Blog
- No new posts since last newsletter.
Conflict Fundamentals Seminar
- No new posts since last newsletter
BI Newsletters - General Announcements
Every two weeks or so, we will compile posts from the Frontiers Seminar, the Fundamentals Seminar, the Things Everyone Can Do to Help Blog, and theBeyond Intractability in Context Blog into a Newsletter that will be posted here and sent out by email to subscribers. You can sign up to receive your copy on our Newsletter Sign Up Page and find the latest newsletter as well as all past newsletters here on our Newsletter page.
NOTE! If you signed up for this Newsletter and don't see it in your inbox, it might be going to one of your other emails folder (such as promotions, social, or spam). Check there or search for firstname.lastname@example.org, and if you still can't find it, please contact us.