Things YOU Can Do To Help Blog
This blog contains posts highlighting things everyone--not just powerful people, not just important or rich people--but everyone of us --can do to help limit the dynamics that lead to destructive and intractable conflicts.
There are four ways to participate in the Things You Can Do To Help Blog:
- Visiting: You can simply drop into the blog, reading as your interest and time allows.
- Following: You can sign up to follow the core seminars (of which this is considered one) or all the seminars and blogs on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, or through the MBI Newsletter.
- Join the Discussions: If you get an MBI user name and password you can add your own stories about your experiences with these strategies.
- Contribute: We also welcome suggestions of other topics for this blog and information about your work that relates to this effort overall.
- Be Willing to Consider the Possibility That You May Be Wrong --
- Reflections on Las Vegas-- From an Intractable Conflict-based Perspective --
- Practice - and Preach - Civility in Public and Private Discourse --
- Allow Your Opponents to "Save Face." --
- Listen Actively and Empathically --
- If You're Not Part of the Solution, You're Part of the Problem --
- Persuade People By Meeting Their Interests Too --
- Focus on Fixing the Problem, Not Attacking People --