Lou is a long-time contributor to Beyond Intractability, and is the person who taught us (Guy and Heidi) the term "intractable conflict" when he co-edited (with Terrell Northrup, and Stuart Thorson,) the seminal book Intractable Conflicts and Their Transformation in 1989! We've been learning from Lou ever since!
When we were first trying to launch this blog, Lou sent us links to a number of blog posts he had recently published. Many are now a bit out of date--but what they say still is very timely, because, sadly, most intractable conflicts do not go away!
Blog posts Lou shared with us include:
- Better Alternatives to President Trump’s Foreign Policies Oxford University Press Blog, April 16TH 2017
- Constructive Conflict Applications in Obama’s Foreign Policies - Foreign Policy in Focus: November 11, 2015
- Trump’s Misrepresented Foreign Policies- Huffington Post Mar 29, 2017
- Trump and the Need for a Stronger Infrastructure for Peace Co-authored by Lou Kriesberg and Bruce Dayton. Huffington Post Dec. 09,2016
- Obama, Kerry, and Israeli-Palestinian Realities Foreign Policy in Focus: January 10, 2017.
- It’s Time to Drop Preconditions and Re-Open Talks with North Korea: Negotiating between the United States and North Korea can't wait. Co-authored by Frederick Carriere, Louis Kriesberg and Stuart Thorson Foreign Policy in Focus: Oct. 21, 2016. WOW were they right!!!