Beyond Intractability in Context Blog
Beyond Intractability's efforts to promote more constructive approaches to conflict occur within the larger context of efforts to promote wise and equitable solutions to a broad range of social problems. This blog highlights readable news and opinion articles, "infographics" and reports that help us understand the costs--and hence, urgency -- of the conflict problem, the dynamics that make it so difficult, alternative responses, and innovative success stories about people who have successfully confronted various aspects of the problem in different settings.
There are three ways to participate in this blog:
- Visiting: You can simply drop into the blog here, reading as your interest and time allows.
- Following on Social Media: We are posting all the the BI in Context Blog posts, along with all the other Moving Beyond Intractability Posts on the Beyond Intractability pages on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn. Information about how to subscribe to those is found on our participation page.
- Subscribe to the BI Newsletter: BI sends out a newsletter about once every two weeks which lists the last two weeks' posts for the BI in Context Blog, along with the two core seminars.
- Disasters commonly open the door to major social changes. We need to start working now to make sure these changes are positive and not negative. #mbi_context --
- An explanation of why trust in public institutions is so important and the terrible consequences of deliberate efforts to destroy that trust. #mbi_context --
- Redundancy is a big part of what makes large-scale complex systems work. If something breaks, there are other (often imperfect) ways to get the job done. #mbi_context --
- It's not just about keeping our distance and staying safe. It's about doing everything that we can to protect the people who make this possible. #mbi_context --
- A timely and urgent plea for a global cease-fire. (I'd like to see this extended this to also include nonviolent, but still very destructive, political conflicts.) #mbi_context --
The full text of the Beyond Intractability system, external articles cited by the Beyond Intractability In Context, and other useful conflict-related articles can be searched using our Google Custom Search Engine.
We welcome your suggestions of articles and other materials that we should post in this blog. If they are things written by yourself, though, please also consider contributing them to the "Colleague Activities Blog"