Beyond Intractability in Context Blog
Beyond Intractability's efforts to promote more constructive approaches to conflict occur within the larger context of efforts to promote wise and equitable solutions to a broad range of social problems. This blog highlights readable news and opinion articles, "infographics" and reports that help us understand the costs--and hence, urgency -- of the conflict problem, the dynamics that make it so difficult, alternative responses, and innovative success stories about people who have successfully confronted various aspects of the problem in different settings.
There are three ways to participate in this blog:
- Visiting: You can simply drop into the blog here, reading as your interest and time allows.
- Following on Social Media: We are posting all the the BI in Context Blog posts, along with all the other Moving Beyond Intractability Posts on the Beyond Intractability pages on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn. Information about how to subscribe to those is found on our participation page.
- Subscribe to the BI Newsletter: BI sends out a newsletter about once every two weeks which lists the last two weeks' posts for the BI in Context Blog, along with the two core seminars.
- An organization that explores what needs to happen after a conflict to allow people to learn to live together again and restore their civil society. #mbi_colleague --
- Beyond simplistic stereotypes – an impressive compilation of available information on Minneapolis' George Floyd protests (including lots of videos). #mbi_context --
- Something hopeful to think about -- what normal politics would look like in a post-trump era. #mbi_context --
- A refreshing alternative, instead of demonizing those who oppose COVID safety measures, think about how they might be more persuasively approached. #mbi_colleague --
- Unfortunately, there are people who would like to start a civil war. We need to be ready to respond in ways that will prevent their efforts from succeeding. #mbi_context --
The full text of the Beyond Intractability system, external articles cited by the Beyond Intractability In Context, and other useful conflict-related articles can be searched using our Google Custom Search Engine.
We welcome your suggestions of articles and other materials that we should post in this blog. If they are things written by yourself, though, please also consider contributing them to the "Colleague Activities Blog"