Beyond Intractability in Context Blog
Beyond Intractability's efforts to promote more constructive approaches to conflict occur within the larger context of efforts to promote wise and equitable solutions to a broad range of social problems. This blog highlights readable news and opinion articles, "infographics" and reports that help us understand the costs--and hence, urgency -- of the conflict problem, the dynamics that make it so difficult, alternative responses, and innovative success stories about people who have successfully confronted various aspects of the problem in different settings.
There are three ways to participate in this blog:
- Visiting: You can simply drop into the blog here, reading as your interest and time allows.
- Following on Social Media: We are posting all the the BI in Context Blog posts, along with the Core Seminar (Frontiers and Fundamentals) Blog Posts on the Beyond Intractability pages on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn. Information about how to subscribe to those is found on our participation page.
- Subscribe to the BI Newsletter: BI sends out a newsletter about once every two weeks which lists the last two weeks' posts for the BI in Context Blog, along with the two core seminars.
- A comparative look at the success that other countries have had in limiting far-right populism. --
- The story about a place in Minnesota where immigration is building a more diverse society that really works. --
- A large and largely overlooked group of US citizens that are still suffering from surprising forms of discrimination. --
- A story about a new (to me at least) social networking space that is playing a significant role in dividing US society. --
- An explanation of why school desegregation efforts failed and what might and should be done about it. --