Beyond Intractability in Context Blog
Beyond Intractability's efforts to promote more constructive approaches to conflict occur within the larger context of efforts to promote wise and equitable solutions to a broad range of social problems. This blog highlights readable news and opinion articles, "infographics" and reports that help us understand the costs--and hence, urgency -- of the conflict problem, the dynamics that make it so difficult, alternative responses, and innovative success stories about people who have successfully confronted various aspects of the problem in different settings.
There are three ways to participate in this blog:
- Visiting: You can simply drop into the blog here, reading as your interest and time allows.
- Following on Social Media: We are posting all the the BI in Context Blog posts, along with all the other Moving Beyond Intractability Posts on the Beyond Intractability pages on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn. Information about how to subscribe to those is found on our participation page.
- Subscribe to the BI Newsletter: BI sends out a newsletter about once every two weeks which lists the last two weeks' posts for the BI in Context Blog, along with the two core seminars.
- A look at the emerging backlash movement against the excesses of the left and a call for a similar movement on the right. #mbi_context --
- From a moderate, conservative perspective, a critique of progressive, antiracism policies that is worth serious consideration. #mbi_context --
- A chance to compare proposals for helping struggling families and the arguments underlying alternative approaches. Some compromise ought to be possible #mbi_context --
- From Georgia, a plea for both the left and the right to refrain from inflammatory and unjustified rhetoric regarding proposed election law changes. #mbi_context --
- A chance to look beyond political rhetoric and statistics and see how the coming foreclosure crisis is affecting the people connected to one house. #mbi_context --
The full text of the Beyond Intractability system, external articles cited by the Beyond Intractability In Context, and other useful conflict-related articles can be searched using our Google Custom Search Engine.
We welcome your suggestions of articles and other materials that we should post in this blog. If they are things written by yourself, though, please also consider contributing them to the "Colleague Activities Blog"