Beyond Intractability in Context Blog
Beyond Intractability's efforts to promote more constructive approaches to conflict occur within the larger context of efforts to promote wise and equitable solutions to a broad range of social problems. This blog highlights readable news and opinion articles, "infographics" and reports that help us understand the costs--and hence, urgency -- of the conflict problem, the dynamics that make it so difficult, alternative responses, and innovative success stories about people who have successfully confronted various aspects of the problem in different settings.
There are three ways to participate in this blog:
- Visiting: You can simply drop into the blog here, reading as your interest and time allows.
- Following on Social Media: We are posting all the the BI in Context Blog posts, along with all the other Moving Beyond Intractability Posts on the Beyond Intractability pages on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn. Information about how to subscribe to those is found on our participation page.
- Subscribe to the BI Newsletter: BI sends out a newsletter about once every two weeks which lists the last two weeks' posts for the BI in Context Blog, along with the two core seminars.
- An important reminder that protecting the world from the dangers of nuclear war requires continued vigilance #mbi_context --
- A look at how far the new world of social network-based political speech has come from the ideal of democratic debate (and the partisan gap). #mbi_context --
- A call for an educational system that de-emphasizes high-tech STEM fields and promotes civic understanding and participation. #mbi_context --
- A billionaire's welcome appeal for a new kind of capitalism where companies work to advance societal, not just shareholder, interests. #mbi_context --
- A look at the haphazard nature of the American medical system and a window into how large-scale, complex systems become so dysfunctional. #mbi_context --
The full text of the Beyond Intractability system, external articles cited by the Beyond Intractability In Context, and other useful conflict-related articles can be searched using our Google Custom Search Engine.
We welcome your suggestions of articles and other materials that we should post in this blog. If they are things written by yourself, though, please also consider contributing them to the "Colleague Activities Blog"