CCI Home | Status Report | Invitation to Participate/Comment | Full Initiative Statement | CCI Blog/BI-CRQ Discussion | CC-MOOS | Donate | More Info
- Initiative Homepage - Like all homepages, this is the starting point for information about the Initiative.
- Invitation to Participate - A copy of the email we are sending far and wide seeking participation in the Initiative.
Summary - A short summary of what the Initiative is and why we are starting it.
- Full Initiative Statement - A detailed summary of the crisis currently posed by our inability to successfully deal with complex, intractable conflict, and a proposal of how to go about addressing this crisis.
Project Updates and Feedback:
- Spring 2020 CCI - Covid19 Update - an update on the relevance and importance of CCI in these pandemic times.
- Spring 2020 Feedback - from our Covid19 letter and CCI -Covid Update.
- 2019 Feedback Summary - A summary of the many comments we have received (mostly via email) about the Initiative and possible next steps. This page is being updated between formal project updates.
- MBI and CCI Status Report (April 2020) - A description of where the various elements of the Constructive Conflict Initiative and Moving Beyond Intractability stant at the moment.
- MBI and CCI Next Steps (October 2019) - An update of feedback received and next steps plans for both CCI and Moving Beyond Intractability as of mid-October, 2019.
- CCI Summer Update - An update of feedback received and next steps plans as of July 31, 2019
Share Your Thoughts
- Send your Comments - A Feedback Form that we encourage readers to use to submit private comments on the Initiative.
Support the Initiative:
- Help Provide Core Financial Support for the Inititative - Please contribute to our Go Fund Me campaign's efforts to raise the $3000 we need to raise to cover core expenses and student assistants for the coming year.
- Help Organize, Fund, and Carry Out Initiative Next Steps Projects - In addition to the above core support budget, we need support for the much more ambitious series of Next Steps projects outlined in the Fall 2019 Update. If you're interested in supporting or getting involved in these projects, let us know and we will set up a time to explore options.
- Volunteer Opportunities - Find out how you can advance your studies and your career while also contributing to the Initiative's effort to promote more constructive approaches to conflict. We also need a few volunteers willing to help with Initiative clerical. If you think you might be interested, let us know and we will set up a time to talk.
- Related MBI Materials - A description of and links to the many Beyond Intractability resources related to the Constructive Conflict Initiative.
- CCI Challenges - CCI focuses on 10 challenges facing most societies regarding intractable conflicts. They are listed and described here.
- CCI Massively Parallel Peacebuilding Action List - This is an updated version of MBI's original MPP Action List which has been adapted to highlight specific steps which could be taken to address the challenges posted by the Initiative.
- CCI Challenges & Action List Poster - a list of the challenges and related responsive actions all presented in a one-page, printable and sharable poster.
- CCI Video - A class-length video describing the Initiative--what it is and why the issues it addresses is so important. (The video also shows why studying conflict is so important and is a good resource to show at the beginning of any peace and conflict course.)
- CCI Article - An "article" type revision of the CCI Summary that is appropriate to use as a class reading in Peace and Conflict Studies classes. It focuses less on the Initiative itself, and more on the problem the Initiative is trying to address and things students can do to respond to the CCI challenges.
- Constructive Conflict Massive Open Online Seminar (MOOS) - A new (as of October 2019) Massive Open Online Seminar that is exploring the challenges posed in the Initiative and proposing actions that can be taken to begin to address these challenges. Materials will be pulled from existing Beyond Intractability and Moving Beyond Intractability materials, as well as many new materials written specifically for this seminar.
- Things You Can Do to Help Information Graphics Suggestions of things anyone can do to help conflicts be more constructive, presented in very short (2-4 sentence) infographics that can be printed, posted, and distributed.