- Nelson Mandela
How to Contribute Your Ideas
Guy Burgess and Heidi Burgess
Anyone who has a serious interest in the topic (and access to the Internet) is welcome to contribue to this MOOS. We hope you will join us! This includes people from inside and outside traditionally-defined peace and conflict fields. We are particularly interested in involving those are thinking about "wicked" problems, complexity and systems, as well as governance, development, human rights, criminal justice, and other “allied” fields.
"Read-Only" Subscribers --- For those who simply want to browse the MOOS posts on the platform of their choice, and if a particular post interests them, click on the link to see the full post on Beyond Intractability, there are several options for doing this. See the Contents Access page for details about those options. While everyone is welcome to join us in this way, we encourage those who have something to contribute to become "read-write" contributors.
"Read-Write" Contributors --- The real key to the success of the MOOS concept will be our ability to persuade participants to actively contribute to the Seminars by (among other things):
- Adding their own general comments to a discussion,
- Offering examples of problems and solutions discussed in particular posts,
- Citing the work of others who have addressed similar or related issues (though, perhaps using very different terminology),
- Offering alternative ways of addressing the same general problem (participants should feel free to cite their own work),
- Asking questions, requesting clarification, and warning about possible misunderstandings,
- Identifying individuals and organizations working in a particular area, and
- Offering constructive criticisms.
Confidentiality --- Since this is a public system, all contributions are public and on the record. Still, we would like to cultivate a safe space where people can feel free to raise tentative ideas without being held to those ideas. So, we ask (but obviously cannot guarantee) that participants refrain from quoting one another outside of the MOOS context without explicit permission from the person being quoted.
Participantion Guidelines / Comment Screening --- We do not have the funding (now at least) to pre-screen all comments, so comments will be posed without review. But if we or other users find comments to be offensive or inappropriate, we reserve the right to remove them and block the user from future posts. (Posting guidelines, requiring basic civility and respect will be posted clearly on the site.)
Copyright © 2016 Guy Burgess and Heidi Burgess
Guy Burgess and Heidi Burgess, Co-Directors
UCB 580, University of Colorado, Boulder, CO 80309-0580, (303) 492-1635, email@example.com